3D Rad - Free 3D game maker - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

POSTING TO THIS FORUM IS DISABLED

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Komet Project  (Read 28622 times)

BorekS

Komet Project
« on: April 28, 2011, 05:46:17 AM »
Hi,
a long time ago (more then 10 years) I started making model of Messerschmitt Me 163 B "Komet" for MS Flight Simulator.
The model creation was started more then 10 years ago, but I was not satisfied with the mesh.
In 2011 was the airplane project, thanks to 3DRad game greator, new reborn, to given this old stuff to public with own flight game  ;)

The game flight model isnt accurate, it is arcade game, but it could give you some fun... just try to be the rocket pilot! ;-)

EDIT: parallel thread: http://3dfoundry.net/forum/index.php?topic=128.msg824#msg824

Code: [Select]
Me 163 B Komet Fighter
 --------------------------------
Version: 1.4b (made with 3DRad 6.50)
Date: 08/22/2012
Size: cca 22 MB

MISSION
-------------
Free flight. Just take-off, cruise, climb... when the fuel is out, glide and land on the filed.

NOTES
 ----------
 * added menu
 * added few sounds
 * added animated pilot
 * fixed tree imposters

DEMO GAME v1.4b AVAILABLE
see the komplet txt file in the package for news ...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/79765157/KometFighter_v14b.zip

ingame video: http://youtu.be/8kyplQFdwDA
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:16:42 AM by BorekS »

Mike Hense

• 3D Rad Guru
Re: Komet Project
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:44:23 AM »
excellent looking model...  first rate stuff...

... but I dont know if is possible make:
1) moving ailerons, rudder. can I attach some mesh to 3DRad airfoil object?
2) drop down the dolly mesh after start.
3) working neeldes for gauges for virtual cockpit.

all of the above items you asked about are possible, and not too difficult to get working...

see here--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiex7TXoVAE

and here--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2lkB0FPnr0

--Mike
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:50:31 AM by Mike Hense »

silverman123

• 3D Rad Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:46:27 AM »
I'm a huge fan of planes,as I want to be a fighter pilot when I'm older,and there's one thing I can say to this:

OMG! :o

shadmar

• Global Moderator
  • 3D Rad Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 10:34:38 AM »
Great work :)

BorekS

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 01:31:11 AM »
if you like the plane, and you wanna fly it with 3drad, I can put here some files for testing ;) I hope, somebody can help turn the project ahead :)

first would be good fix the detachable dolly. I will prepare the 3drad mesh (demo files) - skinMesh, and rigidBodies.

you can see some pictures of Komet development here too (but text is czech only):
http://stilz.mypage.cz/menu/letecka-simulace/projekty/messerschmitt-me-163b

Mike Hense

• 3D Rad Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
I hope, somebody can help turn the project ahead

what exactly do you want to do... a flight sim... an air warfare game... an historical museum type walkthrough (like you mentioned earlier)...

depending on what type of project you'd like to embark on, i'd be glad to offer some help...

(if only for the selfish reason that i'd also like to fly that bugger around  ;D )

--Mike

silverman123

• 3D Rad Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 08:33:09 AM »
me too

skiz22285

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 08:59:11 AM »
This is GREAT, I was looking around online for some free 3d engine software and came across this. Me and 3 of my friends that play a new game thats out called World of Tanks. Came up with a great Idea for a game and wanted to put it into motion. The plane that you did is fantastic! keep up the great work

BorekS

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 09:23:04 AM »
what exactly do you want to do...

oh sorry ;)
well, little info - first idea was this: one plane at one airfiled with some objects like hangar, trees (no problem for me with static objects), where you can test your rocket plane. just flying for fun. starting the rocket engine, taking off, drop down the dolly, cruising over the area, gliding when fuel is off and landing on the skid. during the fly you can switch the cameras.
yes, it can be little bit "lifeless" for some people, but I thing, it is enough for aircraft fans. for some wargame you need targets, some story, and much more time to do it.

so, that is, what I wanna to do primary.
It would bee good, if the Komet can in 3DRad use physics for the dolly and skid at least. that is primary objective. If is possible make movable flaps, rudder etc, it would be good to, secondary. last thing is make (some) gauges for virtual cockpit working, artifical horizon for example.

Mike Hense

• 3D Rad Guru
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 09:58:31 AM »
first idea was this: one plane at one airfiled with some objects like hangar, trees (no problem for me with static objects), where you can test your rocket plane. just flying for fun. starting the rocket engine, taking off, drop down the dolly, cruising over the area, gliding when fuel is off and landing on the skid. during the fly you can switch the cameras.

ok... all this is doable... the test fly around the field should be a good beta project... we might be able to add simple bomber targets later... adding fighters would be a bit more complicated, so lets stick with the simple project first...

suggestions:
1- make the wing with the aileron cut outs and make the ailerons as two separate meshes (i'll join em together as it progresses)

2- while we're talking about the ailerons, i suggest a simple up/ down / level 3 frame FBF mesh for the movement... this'll work well with the default 3DRAD plane controls...

we can get that working on the static non flying model and also add the views...

3- we can add a pilot view cam.. and an orbit cam for external view... and also a cam at the airfield...

4- i think most of the airfields were grass strips (check me out on that), so that should be easy... just a few hangars, a few trees,  and a windsock to a flat terrain for starters should be fine...

5- next, the takeoff dolly... i suggest that be a separate mesh... that can be joined via a joint... if we add wheels, that  should provide the rolling platform and can be jettisoned...

if we get these things done then we can proceed with flight testing... then add the instrumentation...

this is gonna be a single player, single model flight sim so the base model should be good in game... no need for imposter planes (not yet)...

how does that sound so far...

if you have any changes to the suggestions let me know...

--Mike

jestermon

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »
Eyes glued to the screen, waiting for the next episode, of what promises to be a great series.

BorekS

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 05:37:39 AM »
so, here is the demo sample (low poly mesh) of the komet project.
dont forget see the readme file  ;)
EDIT: see the first of topic.

the plane is divided to separate files, including rudder, ailerons, the dolly etc.
to Mike: I did no animation yet. I dont know, if is better to do it to seperate "X" files (one frame = one object) or export it as one file? gmax export plugin can do it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:00:42 PM by BorekS »

darak555

• Not a game a can't make!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »
just wondering but did you know that the full name of that plane is the ME 163 Komet

BorekS

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 09:37:51 AM »
:) see the first of topic.
you mean "ME" instead "Me"??? by the way, there was many types around this aircraft. the prototype Me 163A, the warbird Me 163B (which I did), improved Me 163C, Me 263...

Mike Hense

• 3D Rad Guru
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 11:14:08 AM »
that was quick... looking at it now...

l'll  try to get something back to you by later today... we'll stick to the game plan (above)... i'll get steps 1,2,3 done... you can start on step 4...

--Mike
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
« previous next »